Sunday, October 21, 2012

How much can you do when there's actually time?

I was blessed to be anonymously gifted the registration to a health and wellness retreat in Broomfield, CO. So Friday I spent the day traveling alone on airplanes. I finished almost 3 hat "bases" in that time! And, because it's more of a sit-down, learn and process deal, I took my crochet with me. By the end of the day I had 5 hats basically done and ready for embellishments.

I now have 2 dragons or dinosaurs (that's up to the user's imagination), 2 earflap hats that will most likely become three-eyed monsters, and one more elaborate pattern (it took forever!) that I'll be attaching Rapunzel braids to. They were all supposed to be sized for 2-4 year olds, but I'm afraid the pink braid hat is only size 6-12 months. The pattern had no gauge or finished size listed, so I was entirely guessing.

Today I'll try a different "elaborate" pattern and see if I can get the right sizes out of it. And, for craziness, I've decided to reserve a booth at a craft fair in December that will be held at a preschool. My goal is to have at least 25 hats there, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment